The NPEx User Group 2017 went off with a bang!
On Wednesday 12th July 2017 the annual NPEx User Group took place at the Imperial War Museum in Manchester where over 90 delegates (both users and prospective users) from over 60 laboratories attended.
Owen Johnson, Director of X-Lab Ltd, opened the day with introductions and the aim of the day.
The Keynote speaker and Guest of Honour Owen Williams, Chief Executive at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS FT, kicked off the day by emphasising that organisations must challenge existing ways of working and continue to drive change to enable organisations to become 'paper-lite'.
Following this, a number of presentations were delivered which were all very well received:
- Steve Box, Business Development Manager from X-Lab Ltd and Patrick Davy, Software Developer from X-Lab Ltd, presenting 'NPEx Updates'
- Dave Gibbs, Pathology Services Director, Severn Pathology, presenting 'Connecting Laboratory Services in the South West'
- Anil Saggi, UK Country Manager, Werlabs, presenting 'Direct to Consumer Testing Services through NPEx: A successful pilot'
- Mark Hasselholdt, Project Manager, Manchester PHE, presenting 'Enabling Bacteriology reporting with NPEx'
- Steve Davidson, General Manager for PMO and Transformation, Empath, presenting 'Antenatal Reporting using NPEx'
- Ian Britton, Specialist Services IT Systems Manager, NHS Blood and Transplant Service, presenting 'Red Cell Immunohematology Pilot'
- Andrew Robins, Senior Analyst Programmer, UKNEQAS, presenting 'Automating EQA Reporting with NPEx'
In the afternoon six workshops enabled a wealth of discussion amongst our speakers and users, these included:
- Driving Efficiencies in the Performing Laboratory Process: hosted by John Hewitt, Manchester Royal Infirmary
- New User Demo - Training and Walkthrough: hosted by Sam Gair & Abbie Marsay, X-Lab Ltd
- An NPEx Specification for Microbiology - Challenges and Opportunities: hosted by Andy Harris, X-Lab Ltd
- NPEx Reporting Dashboards: hosted by Sam Bates, X-Lab Ltd
- NPEx for Enabling Genetics Testing: hosted by Hayley Milsom, X-Lab Ltd
- The Case for NPEx: Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs): hosted by Chris Dunne, THIS & Dave Bottoms, STP Project Manager
If you would like to contact us to discuss further details of any of the content covered on the day, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of everyone from The NPEx team, we would like to t'ank you for a truly successful event and we all look forward to seeing you again next year!